You can become a member by stopping by on Sundays or downloading form from Contact page and mailing your membership application to us at. Jefferson County Sportsmen's Club P.O Box 91602 Louisville, Ky 40291
Visit our Facebook Page HERE
or scroll down for more news.
Our Trap Range is open to members and non-members on Sundays from 1-5 pm*.
$4 for Members, $5 for Non-Members
- The Pistol and Rifle range lock combination change meetings start today, see facebook and the Bullitin boards for dates and times. The code will be changed July 1st. You must show your membership card to attend the meetings.
- We are holding a Archery outdoor 3d event on June 11. This event is open to the public, bring your friends and come out for some good wholesome fun. The gate opens at 8 am until 1 pm and the cost is $7.00. If you want to come out and watch these events you are welcome. Don't forget your bug spray and sun tan lotion, the event will be held in the woods across the lake.
- Pistol Range Officers: Pistol Range officer Meetings will be held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm. This is for new members that are not Range officers yet. Call Chuck Barnhart ( 502-541-5527) and tell him which meeting that you wish to attend. Go to the Activties page and take the test and sign the agreement and print it out and bring it and your handgun and 10 rds of ammo with you. If you are a Range officer now then disregard. You must get a new range officer card and wear it when shooting.
- CCDW Classes: The JCSC now holds Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons (CCDW) Training on the 3rd Saturday of Each Month in the Club House located just inside the main gate. Cost is $75 per person and the class is from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM. For more information, contact Secretary Tom Boles at 502-526-2000.
- The Black Powder Range will have competitions the first Sunday and the fourth Sunday of the month. Bring you muzzleloaders and come out and join the fun, all are welcome. Centerfire or rimfire pistols are not allowed on the Black powder range. The rules are in place for you and our neighbors protection. If you disobey the rules you membership may be revoked.
- Membership Prices: The Board decided to have all Memberships due in April. They raised the Dues to $140.00 this year also. Police and emergency workers rate stays the same. If you have any Questions send inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Bullseye matches are held on Mondays at 6:00 pm. Everyone is welcome. Check out the facebook page for any changes. Two member's of our club Ron Bekebrede won the ky state NRA pistol match and David Chambers came in Second, join me congratulating these gentlemen.
- The 25 yard 22 rimfire range is complete and will be set up like the pistol range with a Combination lock. You will have to become a Range officer and take a test before using it. Call Chuck Barnhart to take the test and qualify to use the rifle range 502-541-5527. A lot of work has to be done before getting the 50 yd range ready. keep an eye on our facebook page for workday's. This is not a pay lake where you catch a fish at every cast. The catfish limit is still 4 catfish a day, if you bring a visitor they can only come twice and the limits apply to them also. There is a $5.00 quest fee. If you see someone taking more than the limit let the caretaker know. Keep an eye on your children and make sure they are wearing life-jackets. No boats are allowed on the lake from 10:00 PM until 6:00 AM. Please pick up your trash, if you bring it, take it back home with you. ( Chairs, coolers, trash etc.)
Make sure that you have your membership card and fishing license with you when you fish at the Club. Fish and Wildlife will be checking and ticketing those that don't.
We used to close the indoor restrooms in the winter to keep the pipes from freezing. For the members comfort we are heating the building now and keeping the rest rooms open. We are having problems with members abusing the restrooms, stealing the toilet paper and paper towels. If you see or hear of this going on let the caretaker know. We do not want to lock the restrooms and use porti-pots so help us out please. Our club is run by volunteers so if you mess it up; clean it up;
HOW TO JOIN:
- Dues for 2017 Renewals are $140 for a family membership (a family consists of all kids under 18 or a full time student under 21).
- Renewal Memberships are due in April. There will be no prorating for renewals. The New gate code is being added to your membership card and it will not be mailed out so if you don't renew you want be able to get in the gate.
- The rate for Active Law Enforcement, Emergency (Fire/EMS) Personnel and Disabled Veterans stays the same. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rates or questions.
Print, Download and Send Us the membership form from the contact page of the website www.jc-sc.com, or Sign up on Sunday afternoons between 1-4pm at the Trap House. Mail your check or money order to Jefferson County Sportsmen's Club P.O Box 91602 Louisville, ky 40291
Gear for Sale: Lost and found Do you have something to Sale or Trade
- We have Green Hats and Orange and Khaki T-shirts available for a $12.00 ea. These can be purchased at The Trap house or see the Caretaker
Contact the Club
Club Caretaker Contact Number:
☎ (502) 821-4440
Please contact between
8am to 8pm only.