You can become a member by stopping by on Sundays or downloading HERE
and mailing your membership application to us. Jefferson County Sportsmen's Club P.O Box 91602 Louisville, Ky 40291
Visit our Facebook Page HERE
or scroll down for more news.
Our Trap Range is open to members and non-members on Sundays from 1-5 pm*.
$4 for Members, $5 for Non-Members
- The outdoor Archery range has 3D targets that you can practice on. There will not be any organized Archery Matches this summer because of Illness and scheduling conflicts. If any member would like to volunteer to do some Archery matches let us know. We are storing some of the 3 D targets to protect them from the elements on the woods walk. If you have questions send an E-Mail Bob Stringer at email@example.com for details.
- Pistol Range Officers: Pistol Range officer Meetings will be held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm. This is for new members that are not Range officers yet. Call Chuck Barnhart and tell him which meeting that you wish to attend. Go to the Activties page and take the test and sign the agreement and print it out and bring it with you. If you are a Range officer now then disregard. The Pistol range lock combination was changed July the 1st if you didn't make a meeting the come by the Trap range on Sunday afternoons see Bob Stringer or the Pistol range and talk to Chuck Barnhart ( ph- 502-541-5527) for the new code. You must get a new range officer card and wear it when shooting.
- CCDW Classes: THE BOARD HAS DECIDED TO HOLD CCDW CLASSES ON THE 3RD SATURDAY OF THE MONTH FROM 8:30 - 5:30 TO SIGN UP CONTACT TOM BOLES 502-526-2000. COST $85 MINUS 15% FOR MEMBERS.
- The Black Powder Range will have competitions the first Sunday and the fourth Sunday of the month. Bring you muzzleloaders and come out and join the fun, all are welcome.
- Membership Prices: The Board decided to have all Memberships due in April. They raised the Dues to $140.00 this year also. Police and emergency workers rate stays the same. If you have any Questions send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bullseye matches are held on Mondays at 6:00 pm. Everyone is welcome. Check out the facebook page for any changes.
- The 25 yard 22 rimfire range is complete and will be set up like the pistol range with a Combination lock. You will have to become a Range officer and take a test before using it. Call Chuck Barnhart to take the test and qualify to use the rifle range 502-541-5527. We are having Silhouette Rifle match's in the Indoor Pistol Range on Thursday nights at 6 pm when it get's warmer we will move back out to the outdoor range. A lot of work has to be done before getting the 50 yd range ready. keep an eye on our facebook page for workday's. Winter is here, be careful if there is ice on the lake. Just remeber this is not a pay lake where you catch a fish at every cast. The catfish limit is still 4 catfish a day, if you bring a visitor they can only come twice and the limits apply to them also. There is a $5.00 quest fee. If you see someone taking more than the limit let the caretaker know. Keep an eye on your children and make sure they are wearing life-jackets. No boats are allowed on the lake from 10:00 PM until 6:00 AM. Please pick up your trash, if you bring it, take it back home with you. ( Chairs, coolers, trash etc.)
Make sure that you have your membership card and fishing license with you when you fish at the Club. Fish and Wildlife will be checking and ticketing those that don't.
We used to close the indoor restrooms in the winter to keep the pipes from freezing. For the members comfort we are heating the building now and keeping the rest rooms open. We are having problems with members abusing the restrooms, squatting on the seats where people sit , crapping on the toilets and in the Urinals ( men's ), stealing the toilet paper and paper towels. If you see or hear of this going on let the caretaker know. We do not want to lock the restrooms and use porti-pots so help us out please. Our club is run by volunteers so if you mess it up; clean it up;
HOW TO JOIN:
- Dues for 2017 are $140 for a family membership (a family consists of all kids under 18 or a full time student under 21).
- Memberships are due in April.
- New members who wish to join in January thru March add $10 for each month plus $140. ( etc Jan $140 + $30 = $170, Feb $140 + $20 = $160, Mar $140 + $10 = $150 ) This will pay your membership until April 2017.
- The rate for Active Law Enforcement, Emergency (Fire/EMS) Personnel and Disabled Veterans stays the same. Contact email@example.com for rates or questions.
Print, Download and Send Us the membership form, or Sign up on Sunday afternoons between 1-4pm at the Trap House. Mail your check or money order to Jefferson County Sportsmen's Club P.O Box 91602 Louisville, ky 40291
Gear for Sale: Lost and found Do you have something to Sale or Trade
- We have Hats and Orange and Khaki T-shirts available for a $12.00 ea. These can be purchased at The Trap house or see the Caretaker
Contact the Club
Club Caretaker Contact Number:
☎ (502) 821-4440
Please contact between
8am to 8pm only.